Harriette Austin Writer's Conference

I’m humbled and honored that once more I’ll be teaching a class on writing in the inspirational market at this year’s Harriette Austin Writer’s Conference.

Harriette Austin and Bev
Harriette Austin is legendary in this area as a writing instructor, and encourager extraordinaire. I’d read about Austin and her writing classes for years, always intending to go, but my children’s soccer games, and ballet classes conflicted with the evening sessions she held.

In my fiction manuscript and screenplay, Give My Love to the Chestnut Trees, there’s a character, Aunt Laney, who mentors a young girl toward her aspiration of writing. One night, I had a dream, and in it, I saw a picture of Harriette Austin like one I’d recently seen in a newspaper, and heard someone say, “She’s the real Aunt Laney.” Shortly, after that, I saw a way that I could take one of her classes, and what I found is that Harriette Austin is indeed the real Aunt Laney. She’s all about planting seeds of hope and encouragement in those who are struggling to believe in their own ability. Those of us who’ve attended her classes adore her. Her knowledge, wisdom, and insight in the area of creative writing are almost unparalleled.

This is a wonderfully affordable general market conference, and features many gifted presenters. If you have a manuscript you’d like to pitch, there’ll be an opportunity to do so at this conference as well as to receive feedback on your work. Whether you've been writing many years, or  just starting a writing journey, this conference is a perfect place to learn and grow in your craft.

I'll have some great book giveaways and handouts in my class, and would love to see you in July, so register early for this exciting conference.

"May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; establish the work of our hands for us--yes, establish the work of our hands" (Psalm 90:17)