Hope On


Hope is the thing with feathers

That perches in the soul

And sings the tune without the words

And never stops at all

And sweetest in the gale is heard.

Emily Dickinson

I love this quote

I think of it when I’ve interceded long, and there’s still no change. Not even a small one.

“…never stops at all.”

I think of it when winds are howling, and shutters are flapping against the windows.

“…sweetest in the gale is heard.”

St. Paul said in Romans 5:5: “And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."

If we cling to hope, we will not be disappointed, for hope is the thing that carries us, keeps our eyes lifted up, and propels us into the future. The gentle Holy Spirit instills hope, resilient and strong born of the Father's great love.

“Return to your fortress, O prisoners of hope; even now I announce that I will restore twice as much to you. Zechariah 9:12)”

I am a prisoner of hope. Thankful to be walled in by its bright constraints and protected by walls formed of God’s promises. Blessed by its feathered comfort, I rest. I am still in hope.

May Hope be yours today.