Eighteen Candles and Unfailing Love






A big birthday here this week. Tomorrow we’re packing the car, and she’s heading out to a big city university.

A couple of weeks ago, she saw a copy of an illustrated verse I’d done.

“Do you still have the original?” she asked.

I didn’t know, but after searching my portfolio, I discovered I’d probably sold it.

“I’d like to have that verse in my dorm room,” she said. “Could you do another for me?”

Could I do another for her?

I’d do twelve if she wanted.

So, I thought about it a bit, and tried to render it in a style more suited to her liking.

For the times when she wonders…



My prayer is that she’d always know, regardless of circumstances, that Love never fails.

We give thanks for her, and pray God’s protection and blessing on this new adventure.

Where did those eighteen years go?