The least idle and an orange and blue reminder


 It must be our prayer that the Lord would so fill all His people with the spirit of devotion that not one may be found standing idle in the vineyard. Andrew Murray, With Christ in the School of Prayer

One of the least idle people I’ve ever known in my lifetime and one who has been used by God to bring in a great harvest for Him is Dr. Warren Lathem. Dr. Lathem and his wife Jane have been instrumental in my own spiritual development (One Ringing Bell, Rock of Remembrance), and I consider it a privilege to know them.

Please take a few moments and read a post here by Dr. Lathem of how God birthed a tremendous work in a dark place out of horrific tragedy, the death of the Lathem’s own son.



My friend Marni put this collage bright with blazing color together many years ago. I keep it near me as a reminder of the world beyond these office walls.

"When he looked out over the crowds, his heart broke. So confused and aimless they were, like sheep with no shepherd. "What a huge harvest!" he said to his disciples. "How few workers! On your knees and pray for harvest hands!" (Matthew 9:37-38 Message).