If you're struggling to be creative


I had opportunity last week to visit the studio of artist Carol Winner again.

I don’t miss a chance to see what she’s doing any time I’m in her area, because I’ve never seen anyone with a more diverse talent, or with a keener eye for seeing and interpreting the world around us.

Carol creates both two-dimensional and three-dimensional works. According to her website, “Her current two-dimensional work combines drawing, painting and photography, using image transfer, charcoal, papers, acrylic paint and found objects”

Her three dimensional work includes jewelry, purses, and amazing whimsical sculptures.

I love the palette she uses in her paintings and could stand for hours just studying her technique.

When I leave Carol’s studio, I want to make something. There’s a reason for that. We were created in the image of the creator (Genesis 1:27). Our creative natures spring from the one whose artistry is displayed in all of creation. “In the beginning God created . . .” (Genesis 1:1). When I see God’s creativity splashed over canvases through an artist’s human hands, I’m inspired to allow Him to make something through me for His glory.

I often hear folks say they don’t have time to be creative. However, what do we have time for? It’s important not to deny a special part of us that so much reflects the one who formed us. It takes an intentional effort.

So, today click on over and look at Carol’s work here. And then paint, sculpt, knit, stamp, scrapbook, sew, draw, write, woodwork, make jewelry, pen a song, or whatever it is you do that feeds your own soul and gives glory to God.

I’d love to see what you come up with.