Miscommunication?


While getting ready for a woman’s brunch at church, I needed to find an easel I’d seen us use before.

The garland and flower on my table at the brunch are made of old manuscript pages from my books.


I searched every closet in the building and found one easel, but couldn’t locate the nice decorative one.

I decided to ask a woman I’ll call Glenda, who had been at the church earlier that day and always seems to know the exact whereabouts of any item there.

“Do you know where nice easel is?” I texted.

No response.

Maybe she didn’t see it, I thought, so I texted again, “Nice easel?”

In a moment I received a text that went something like this, “Hmmm, no. Could it be on Elm St in shopping center where pottery place is?”

Cue Twilight Zone music. What?

Then another text, “Atlanta or Marietta?”

I shook my head and punched Glenda’s name in my contacts to call her. “What in the world are you saying? I’m looking for an easel for the brunch tomorrow.”

Cackling on the other end. “I thought you were looking for a store called Nice Easel.”

Neither one of us could speak for howling with laughter.

Later that day, I was telling Jerry about the crazy easel texts.

He studied me a moment with a blank expression. “What eagle are you talking about?”

I wish I could say he was joking. He wasn’t. You know those little videos people send in text messages? Insert the one with the person banging their head against the desk here.

Well, I never found the easel . . . or the eagle, for that matter, but I do have some good news.

Jeremiah 29:13 reads, “You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”

God promises that when we search for Him with our whole hearts, we will find Him.

We don’t have to plunder all the closets or phone a friend; we simply come to Him in prayer giving Him all that we are.

So, if you’ve been feeling you're in a cacophony of confusion yourself, please know the path to God is clear.  

And that, my friend, is no miscommunication.

 The books:
 
https://www.amazon.com/Beverly-Varnado/e/B00QQRRID8/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1539621124&sr=8-1