Caution, a rainbow, an egret, and a king tide


With dawn just breaking, I peered out the window at leaden skies. It rained most of the night, and I wondered if it would again. I wanted to ride my bike around the island, but being on a bike in a downpour is not much fun. Besides getting soaked to the bone, you can’t see for the rain pelting your eyeballs. Plus, my respiratory issues had only recently come under control. I didn’t want to set the stage for getting sick again. The prudent thing was to stay home.

But this was our last day here and my heart longed for a little adventure outside the confines of our four walls.

Maybe I needed to let caution go.

I went.

Here’s what I would have missed if I’d stayed home.



In the larger context, we may face situations where prudence would call us to do one thing, but if we’re prayerful, we could see God might call us to do something else . . . to let caution go.

That’s a hard ask for someone like me who has a tendency to suffer from the paralysis of analysis. I just want to walk around a decision and weigh every possible outcome. I want to make the right decision . . .  the wise decision.

However, if we can go with God in faith, that’s when we often encounter the amazing perhaps something like the rainbow, the egret, and the king tide.

Maybe you’re facing what seems leaden skies today and you’re wondering . . . should I or shouldn’t I.

Pray, listen for God and how He will lead you.  Chambers again, “We have to learn to walk according to the standard which has its eye on God.” 

“The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail” (Isaiah 58:11).
 


If you haven't bought The Key to Everything yet, please check it out.




Also consider Faith in the Fashion District for those on your Christmas list. It's the story of how One Woman's Life on Seventh Avenue launched a lifetime in ministry.