Infinitesimally

If you read my last blog post, you might have noticed that I used the word infinitesimally in place of the word infinitely. Not good since it meant exactly the opposite of what I intended to convey. Especially not good since I was talking about God.

"You're a writer. How could that happen?" you ask.

Good question. Here are my reasons/excuses:

1. I was trying to post from a remote location, and was struggling more with finding a network than proofing.

2. Sometimes, I have a brain glitch, and I call my daughter by my sister's name, or say chest instead of chair. In writing, I catch those things in proofing, and when I blog, the moment of clarity always arrives upon rereading what I've posted for the whole world to see.

3. I didn't reread after I posted for the whole world to see.

4. Network stuff, again.

5. Hubby was having a particularly important meeting about his health stuff, and for the next twenty-four hours I was immersed in all the concerns related to that meeting.

I know. Excuses.

I used the wrong word.

So this morning, I awoke before dawn with the word infinitesimally stuck in my brain. Did I use that word in my last post? I asked myself.

Surely not.

I sprang from the bed, checked, and sure enough, there it was, winking at me, thinking it'd gotten away with stealing infinitely's place.

I hit the delete button faster than brown dog Lucy can eat a chicken biscuit.

I’ve tried to comfort myself with these thoughts:

1. After over one hundred blog posts, it was bound to happen.

2. Maybe not many people read the post.

3. Perhaps otthers read infinitely instead of what I actually wrote since they knew what I meant.

4. Or, I could try to blame it on a some gremlin who accessed my blog and changed my carefully chosen words.

But no, I used the wrong word.

So Lord, once more, teach me something through a humiliation.

I would say the lesson I most circle back around to is that of Grace. I often set the bar high, and beat myself up that I can’t always reach it.

If you posted the wrong word, I’d give you all the outs I listed above and then some.

But it’s hard to do that for myself.

So, today, I’m saying once more, I used the wrong word. But, I fixed it. And I’m moving on.

And instead of behaving as if God’s grace is infinitesimal, I’m receiving His infinite Grace.

Feel free to share your own brain glitches.

“And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.” (I Corinthians 9:8)