Beautiful Feet

Lots of scampering, skittering, skating feet this week.
Some in flip-flops, some in tennis shoes, others just in skin.
Children's Sweet Feet

Smaller feet, bigger feet wading into the water of God’s love, testing, trying, and perhaps grabbing the hand of Jesus for the first time, holding fast to step out onto the water with Him.

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path” (Psalm 119:105).



“He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights” (Psalm 18:33).


“You have not handed me over to the enemy but have set my feet in a spacious place” (Psalm 31:8).


“He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand” (Psalm 40:2).


“Praise our God, O peoples, let the sound of his praise be heard; he has preserved our lives and kept our feet from slipping” (Psalm 66:8-9).


“When I took a long, careful look at your ways, I got my feet back on the trail you blazed” (Psalm 119:59 The Message).




"Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness inplace, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace..." (Ephesians 6:14).
Recently, my husband, Jerry and I were lost in an unfamiliar area trying to reach a friend's home. We knew we were close, but still couldn't quite figure it out even with GPS. As I pondered our predicament, through a wooded area, I saw only the feet of some kids playing basketball and recognized one set as those belonging to our friend's son, Drew.
"I see Drew's feet," I said. "We're close."
"How do you know they're Drew's feet?" Jerry asked.
I couldn't answer. I just knew they were.
So we followed a trail to that house which did indeed turn out to be our friend's.
More than I knew Drew's feet, God sees our feet, where they've been, where they are now, and where they're going.
For all these small ones, we pray the Lord would determine their steps (Proverbs 16:9) and guide their feet in his way.
“How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, ‘Your God reigns” (Isaiah 52:7)