Presence


It’s so easy to start thinking that what we do for God is our relationship with God.
But no, we have to spend time in his presence.

Think of it this way: how would we every build a marriage or a friendship if we just ran around doing things for that person and never took time to sit down, talk, and enjoy their company?

When I first began this journey with the Lord, I sat in the same bedside chair every day to pray and read my Bible. I painted a watercolor of the scene to document that space that had become so precious to me. I only lived in that apartment less than two years and this chair is now long gone, but I have this painting to remind me of how and where I started with the Lord.

If you don’t have a sacred space in your home to spend time with God, today’s a good day to choose one. Find fresh strength in His presence.

“You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart” (Jeremiah 29:13).