An interview with author, Christina Sinisi


My publisher, Anaiah Press, has many wonderful Christmas books releasing this season. Here’s an interview with Christina Sinisi, author of The Christmas Confusion, who was so kind to answer a few questions.  I love what she says in an interview about her writing on the Anaiah Press website, "I find inspiration everywhere, but specifically in little pieces of life-mine, people I know, people I read about, anyone I meet." The scripture she has on her website is one of my favorites: "God is able to do far more than we would ever dare to ask or even dream of" from Ephesians 3:20TLB. Oh, yes, He is, Christina. Can't wait to read The Christmas Confusion.  Welcome to One Ringing Bell.

Every family has its own unique way to celebrate Christmas. What is your favorite Christmas tradition?

First, let me say thank you to Beverly for hosting me! I truly appreciate it. I hope your readers enjoy The Christmas Confusion and have a very Merry Christmas!

My favorite Christmas tradition is celebrating the Savior’s birth, followed by spending time with family. It doesn’t matter where--we travel between my husband’s and my families--or with whom, whether it’s the big group or just us. I love cooking and seeing Christmas lights and putting up all the decorations that have been gifted to us over the years.

Music is so important to our family, and I wondered which Christmas song is most meaningful to you?

I think “Silent Night” because of its haunting beauty and its use in candlelight services. It also focuses on the Christmas story rather than romance or gift giving.

What inspired you to write Christmas Confusion?

In early June of this year, I saw a call for Christmas novellas on the American Christian Fiction Writer’s email loop. The novellas were due at the end of the month, and I saw a challenge. Then, I had to come up with a story--and one particular young woman at my church, whose faith has been an inspiration to me--came to mind. While she was the start, the story took on a life all its own. I got it done in those next two and a half weeks--challenge met.

Is this your first book?

This is my first book to be published. I’ve actually been writing my whole life--poems starting in third grade, a play in fifth grade, and my first (awful) novel in eighth grade. I’ve had poems and short stories, essays, and articles published before, but this is my first book.

Tell us more about Christmas Confusion?
When Tiffany Marano’s high school sweetheart drove off to join the Marines and never looked back, she swore off men. Now, she’s content to teach at Summer Creek, South Carolina’s local elementary school, lead a Sunday school class, and spend weekends with her niece—until Nick Walsh suddenly reappears wearing a wedding ring and with a daughter in tow. Everything about Tiffany’s calm, quiet life is now one disordered mess.  
Nick Walsh comes face to face with Tiffany after all these years, and sparks fly. But not the happy glittering kind, because each of them thinks the other responsible for their estrangement. Before they can work it out, though, Tiffany’s sister disappears. Left with custody of her niece and forced to work with new police detective Nick to find her sister, old feelings begin to resurface. As they start to unravel the truths that left them confused and apart for too long, Nick must learn to let go of his past. But can Tiffany let go of her fear and learn to trust that God isn’t the only one who won’t abandon her?  

About Christina:

A member of American Christian Fiction Writers, Christina Sinisi writes stories about families, both the broken and blessed. Her works include a semi-finalist in the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award contest and the American Title IV Contest where she appeared in the top ten in the Romantic Times magazine. By day, she is a psychology professor and lives in the Low Country of South Carolina with her husband and two children. She loves a good cooking challenge. 
 

Writers can connect with Christina at her website: https://www.christinasinisi.com/ or through social media Twitter: @ChristinaSinisi,  Facebook , Instagram: @csinisi123, Pinterest, or
Or Goodreads.

 
I'm so excited to share the cover of my new book releasing in January,
A Plan for Everything!