30 Verses for the Time of Corona

In recent days, a dear friend said a final goodbye to her beautiful special needs daughter, a loss that has pierced the tenderest part of our hearts. Given only an hour to live at birth, sweet Presley lived to be seventeen and a half years, her life a testimony to God’s miraculous power.

Next week her mother, Andrea, will share words here at One Ringing Bell. And lest you think the sadness of this passing will overwhelm you in an already sad time during this Corona Pandemic, let me assure you, it won’t. Andrea effervesces the joy of the Lord. I’ve always said that her family lived at 911. And they have, because of so many crises through the course of Presley’s life. But Andrea’s faith is strong, and because of that, she has continually risen to share and encourage many with their story as she will encourage you here. So please don’t miss next week’s post.


Today, I offer scriptures that have ministered to me during this Corona event. I did not do a search for these verses, but they came to me through my daily Bible readings, The Upper Room Magazine, and other devotional sources. I think that is one of the most important reasons we should have a discipline of daily devotions, because God will use that time to put before us what we need. I’m sure you have a list of your own, and I’d love to hear about them. Stay safe. Blessings, friends.

30 Verses for the Time of Corona

1. You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Isaiah 26:3

2. Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life. Psalm 138:7

3. The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Deuteronomy 31:8

4. …we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us. Romans 5:3-5

5. You Lord, are a shield around me. Psalm 3:3



6. I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Genesis 9:13

7. The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by Him we cry, “Abba, Father.” Romans 8:15

8. Though the Lord brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love. Lamentations 3:32

9. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9

10. As we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers. Galatians 6:10

11. I will not fear though tens of thousands assail me on every side. Psalm 3:8

12. Not one of all the Lord’s good promises to Israel failed; every one was fulfilled. Joshua 21:45

13. If we have been united with Christ in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his. Romans 6:5

14. Trust in God at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. Psalm 62:8

15. But you are to hold fast to the Lord your God, as you have until now. Joshua 23:8


16. Answer me when I call to you, my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress; have mercy on me and hear my prayer. Psalm 4:1

17. Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

18. And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28.

19. The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. Psalm 9:8

20. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal 2 Corinthians 4:18



21. I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Psalm 16:8

22. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Psalm 119:105.

23. …do not fear what they fear… Isaiah 8:12

24.  Jesus said to his disciples, “I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.” John 14:18.

25. I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. Romans 8:18

26. Give praise to the Lord, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done, and proclaim that his name is exalted. Isaiah 12:4

27. I will sing the Lord’s praise for he has been good to me. Psalm 13:6

28. He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted. Job 5:9

29. In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind. Job 12:10

30. He will be the sure foundation for your times, a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge; the fear of the Lord is the key to this treasure. Isaiah 33:6


 Here