What could be and book release day


Yay!!! Book release day for A Plan for Everything!!

I’m always amazed when this day rolls around. When I’m in the thick of writing a story, it seems like I’ll never finish. Then when I do, it seems release day will never come.

I came across this quote from author and creativity expert, Allen Arnold, recently, “Art that reflects reality is fine. But we have the chance to do more, to offer art that gives people a glimpse of what could be.”

That’s what I aim to do in all my work . . . to offer that hope.

In most of my bios, you’ll find these words, “She writes to give others hope in the redemptive purposes of God.” In my stories, and I pray in whatever I undertake, I want others to see there is no situation that God cannot redeem, no circumstance He cannot use for His purpose. I know this because at one point in my life, I thought myself irredeemable, but God’s grace proved more than sufficient to cover my sin and my situation.

I’ve also written that I do so to offer an alternative to life’s brokenness. Brokenness just is. It’s part of life here on this planet, but we have a choice. We can focus on all that’s wrong or we can focus on hope.

I think of my Aunt Nell often. She was such an inspiration to me. She had every reason to be down with serious health challenges and heartaches, having outlived her husband and two grandchildren. In one of the most memorable conversations I ever had with her, I asked how she kept up her hope through so many difficulties. She said in her sweet southern drawl, “Honey, we can sit around and think about all the bad things. That’s just depressing. I don’t study on the bad things; I study on what’s good.”

So, in my writing I study on what’s good, the possibilities, and as Allen Arnold says, on “what could be.”

Here’s praying that someone will find their “could be” in A Plan for Everything.

Blessings, friends.

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future” (Jeremiah 29:11).