The Garden

I dreamed about a garden again a couple of nights ago. I’ve been surprised by the size of the vegetables and fruit in each of my recent garden dreamscapes. It seems that in the dreams I’d originally been looking for much smaller specimens, but then discovered State Fair winners in my harvest. A reading by J.H. Jowett in Streams in the Desert on July 27th reads, “I have asked for a cupful, and the ocean remains! I have asked for a sunbeam, and the sun abides! My best asking falls immeasurably short of my Father’s giving: it is beyond that we can ask!”

I suppose the only conclusion I can draw from these dreams is God wants me to reach beyond what I’m asking for or think I can accomplish. I’ve been looking for something I can manage, and God wants to do something only He can manage. God alone accomplishes a God sized harvest.

“Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work with us.” Ephesians 3:20

So, I’m daring to change my aspirations and ask for a super sized harvest and a super sized wheelbarrow to carry it in.