Thanksgiving Feathers


We have a one-person kitchen, so I’m waiting my turn to make the cranberry-apple casserole and German chocolate pies after Jerry finishes his turkey and dressing. And yes, I consider myself blessed to have a man who cooks so well. I’m sending this out into cyberspace on a day when I know many of you are in the kitchen yourselves, traveling, or gathered with family, so I’ll be brief.

We recently visited our granddaughter’s school on Grandparent’s Day—one of my favorite days of the year.
 

She gave us a bag of wonder to take home with us. Though I remarked on the pinecone turkey she’d made when I first saw it, it wasn’t until later that I had the opportunity to reflect on each of the blessings she’d written on the tail feathers: water, house, bed, church, Bible, food, clothes, family, pets, grandparents (of course), and Jesus.

So here’s my prayer for each of you this Thanksgiving. I pray that you might have many feathers of blessing. And as you pause to take notice of the small and great blessings in your lives that you will sense the resplendence of all He has done for you in Jesus Christ.

For the one who may be alone, or suffering loss this season, I pray the comfort of the Holy Spirit in the midst of your heartache.

Thanks to each of  you for spending a few moments of your life with me throughout the year. My dear readers, you are definitely one of my finest feathers.

Happy Thanksgiving!
 
"Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live" (I Thessalonians 5:16-18 The Message).