Finding Fresh Strength through Giving


Today’s the day.

My sister and I are getting together to put together twenty-something Operation Christmas Child boxes. I’ve been shopping all year to pull my boxes together, and thankfully, she’s willing to help me fill in gaps with things she’s found.
 

It will be an all day event making sure every box has the necessary components:  school supplies, hygiene items, toys, and hard candy.

Operation Christmas Child, a project of Samaritan’s Purse, has now surpassed over 100 million shoeboxes distributed around the world. Franklin Graham, the president of Samaritan’s Purse says, “Every shoebox offers an opportunity to share the Good News of Jesus Christ with a hurting child.”

If you haven’t finished your box yet, the deadline is approaching. Most regional collection centers close a week or so before Thanksgiving.

I love this quote by John Wesley, “I judge all things only by the price they shall gain in eternity.”

So, get hopping, folks. You can change a child’s life for eternity with a box that says, “Jesus loves you.”

“It is more blessed to give than to receive” (Acts 20:35).