Taking a walk with a turtle


Lucy recently had her first encounter with a turtle. All right, I don’t know exactly turtle or tortoise, but I think turtle. My wildlife biologist son is not around right now to verify.

 

Lucy was quite curious, and expressed it by barking at the poor turtle. Maybe Lucy wondered why it just sat there. Every time we let her out to walk, she’d make a dive for the bushes where the turtle had been.

Bruce Feiler writes, “Take a walk with a turtle. And behold the world in pause.”

Saturday is a good day to take a walk with a turtle. However, my day is lining up to be pretty busy. So, I’ll have to be intentional about beholding “the world in pause,” because it’s likely to go streaking by at the speed of light. If I want to find fresh strength today, I’m going to have to take that slow walk.

Hoping  I’ll run into you.


"Step out of the traffic! Take a long, loving look at me, your High God, above politics, above everything” (Psalm 46:10).