Youtube, typewriters, and time to reflect


So, I uploaded my first video to YouTube.

The YouTube people sent me a congratulatory email saying how proud they were of me.

I was pretty proud of me, too. Oh, I forgot to verify my account, and change my privacy setting, but hopefully that's fixed on my last post, now.

As I’ve said here before, I started with a typewriter.

Remember those? Clangy keys, return carriages, white out, and smudgy ribbons.
Wiki Commons
 
Though it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to upload a video, YouTube is still a long way from the machine I used to write my college term papers. Video was 8mm film in those days and camcorders as big as a suitcase were still a thing of the future.

Sometimes when you’re looking for fresh strength, it helps to see how far God’s grace has brought you.

John Newton wrote, “His grace has brought me safe thus far, and grace will lead me home” (Amazing Grace).

So, today, take time to reflect on the sweep of God’s hand in your life, and be thankful. You’ll be refreshed for the next leg of the journey.

“There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day Christ Jesus appears” (Philippians 1:6 The Message).