Hunted


I saw the following story in a list of links one of my favorite bloggers provided this past weekend.

I’d love to have one of these, but the big guy here has reached his critter threshold.

Not happening.

But after I saw it, I thought of these words from Psalm 23, “Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life . . . “

Somewhere along the way, I learned that the word translated follow in this verse, which we might understand as tag along after, actually means something else entirely in the original Hebrew.

Strong’s Concordance provides the insight. The connotations of follow are more clearly defined as run after, chase, hunt, aim to secure, pursue ―even pursue ardently.

Like the goose, Kyle, and her human, God’s love and mercy hunt us down and aim to secure us for his glory. They’re not just ambling along after us. Also like Kyle, God doesn’t just pursue us a little while and quit; He’s in it for the long term.

So, like the man said, it’s a love story.

We have a lot of geese around here. I’ll probably never look at one the same way again.