Good news and where to find it


I’d been waiting a while, as all writers must to hear about a sequel I wrote for my novel, The Key to Everything.

One email and six words pivoted the situation, “You will be receiving a contract . . . “

Don’t you love good news?

A wise man once wrote, “Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land” (Proverbs 25:25) and “. . . good news brings health to the bones” (Proverbs 15:30).

In my mind, I see a splash on the face from a mountain stream on a hot day.
 
 
Good news is like that, bringing refreshment and new vigor. As to the health to the bones aspect, I have significant bone loss issues, so I would like to immerse myself in a well of glad tidings.

But where in this world do we find a never-ending flow of positive dispatches? Yes, we get those emails or phone calls that occasionally lift us, but we can’t count on a steady stream and the evening news certainly won’t do it for us.

In the original Greek, the word gospel means God’s good news. The gospel is the only source that will never run drythis revelation of what Jesus has done for us.

My husband Jerry is fond of saying in his sermons, “People don’t like good advice, but they do like good news.”

The gospel is not good advice; it is all caps, huge font, and front page news.

It is the best message we will ever receive.

So, let’s immerse ourselves in God and the truth of His word.

My new book is called A Plan for Everything and God’s good news is like that, a plan for every circumstance.