A Big Thank-you

It's been a number of years since I first wrote the letter below, but as I was I was thinking about Thanksgiving, I wanted to make sure I expressed my gratitude once more to those of you who often visit this page. Thank you. You are a huge blessing. 
Dear Reader,
When I count my blessings this week, I will be sure to count you.


 
Some of you have been with me since I started One Ringing Bell in 2010. I hope the reason you continue to read is you find some sort of spiritual encouragement despite my literary misses and miscues. Thank you for your blog and social media comments, and your ongoing encouragement.  We have laughed and we have cried together. I treasure each of you.

The things that happen here continually surprise me―for example―a woman I’d never met, who came to me through one of my Upper Room Devotions, decided she would read all of my six hundred plus posts (now over a thousand).  Still can’t believe it. Humbling.  In addition, I can never forget the day an actor from NCIS that I met at a conference, commented on a blog I’d written about him. 

When I look at my blog stats, I know that in the context of the World Wide Web, they are miniscule, but God has allowed me the opportunity to touch lives through this corner of the blogosphere that I otherwise would not have been able to reach. And I am truly thankful.

To those of you who have read, reviewed, or recommended my books, you are such a blessing. Because of you, my work has been featured in magazines and newspapers, I've been invited to speak at numerous gatherings, and I get to do something I really love. One of my favorite stories is about a man who sent me a Facebook message that he read his first novel which was one of my books, Give My Love to the Chestnut Trees―a story about a fourteen-year-old girl. Go figure. “Thank you for a great story,” he said.

No, friend, thank you for a great story.

That anyone would take the time to read my scribbling is something I do not take lightly. It is an investment of your precious time, and I always want to mindful of that. These peals of words I write are intended to glorify God and bring hope to those who read. Otherwise, I don’t know why I keep at it.

So, this Thanksgiving, I’m once more offering gratitude for you folks who keep showing up here every week, who read and who can believe it, reread my books. I love you and pray that your Thanksgiving is blessed with a special sense of His presence this year.

You are all, indeed, a blessing to me.

“Thank God because He’s good. His love never quits” (Psalm 118:1 The Message).